Kanooniyat is a legal website providing daily legal updates to its user base, comprising law
students, law aspirants, lawyers and legal professionals, in the form of articles, opportunities, and
legal jobs. Social media links: Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook.
About Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition:
This Mediation Plan Drafting Competition by Kanooniyat aims to provide the participants with a
competitive platform to learn about one of the most important skills an advocate must possess that of mediation, which is a rapidly emerging field in Alternative Dispute Resolution. For the
the evaluation process, due emphasis will be laid on a candidate’s ability to succinctly put forward
the relevant facts, mention the applicable laws, and put forward arguments for the same. The
the reasoning provided, quality of research, and formatting and language used are also applicable
About Webinar on basics of Mediation Plan
As drafting a mediation plan is one of the main aspects of mediation and negotiation
competitions, we at Kanooniyat are holding two supplementary Webinars on Basics of Mediation
Plan Drafting and Mediation in India to aid you. These Webinars will prove immensely helpful
in learning about the technicalities of drafting an impactful mediation plan.
The event is being held in collaboration with MediateGuru and Sync Legal.
The Outreach and Internship partner for this event is LawInternships (The online law school).
Our Media Partner for this event is the International Journal of Advanced Legal Research.
Eligibility for Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition:
● Students (UG/ PG/ Certifications/ Diploma) from any stream from any University/
College/ Institute in India.
● Multiple entries from one participant are not permitted.
● Co-authorship (Team of 2) is permitted.
Awards and Perks:
● Winner: Rs. 2500 + Certificate of Merit
● Top 5 entries: Certificate of Appreciation
● Exciting internship opportunities to the winning persons (the first place holder,
whether one participant or a team of two) by Sync Legal.
● Participation Certificates to all the participants (exclusive of the webinars).
● Free entry to the webinar on the basics of drafting a mediation plan by
● Complimentary webinar about mediation in India by Adv. Prakhar Dixit, Sync Legal.
● The Mediation Plan must be written solely by the registered candidate (s) (co-authorship
upto two is allowed), in English, and should not have been submitted for publication
● The minimum word limit for the Mediation Plan is 900 words. There is no maximum
● All submissions have to be made in MS Word format and should be typed in Times New
Roman, font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
● The page margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
● All text should be aligned as justified.
● All claims of the author (s), in the body of the manuscript, are expected to be backed by
reasons along with proper citations and shall not be mere assertions.
● Any violation of rules shall result in direct disqualification.
● The submissions will be scrutinized through plagiarism software. Permissible limit of
plagiarism is 20%.
● The participants have to choose one of the two mediation problems given, to work on.
Format of the Mediation Plan
Kindly specify the party name, a background of the dispute and a short biography of both parties.
The Mediation Plan should contain a brief evaluation under each of the following headings:
1. Mediation Strategy: What is your team’s strategy including its goals, objectives and its
likely success for achieving a good outcome;
2. Your team’s underlying interests – describe the interests that the Party plans to advance in
the Mediation Session by reference to the Problem;
3. Your team’s BATNA;
4. The other Party’s likely underlying interests – describe the likely interests of the other
Party by reference to the Problem;
5. The other Party’s likely BATNA – describe the likely BATNA of the other party by
reference to the Problem.
Kindly find a format for reference here.
Evaluation Criteria and Weightage:
1. Identifying key information, interests, opportunities, and impediments (30 marks)
2. Innovativeness and originality of the solutions offered (35 marks)
3. Lucidity and writing skills (20 marks)
4. Formatting and presentation (15 marks)
Copyright of the Submissions:
1. All the Mediation Plan drafts submitted shall be the exclusive property of the organizers.
2. The organizers shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner they
require and deem fit.
3. The decision of organizers in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding and no
query, correspondence, etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the organizers.
1. Mediation Plan draft submissions incompatible with the above rules and submission
guidelines will not be considered for evaluation.
2. The submission of entries to the competition implies acceptance of the above terms and
conditions by the participant(s).
3. Kanooniyat reserves the right to cancel the event at any point before the conduct of the
event. In such a case, any fee paid as registration fee shall be refunded in full to the
Registration and Submission Procedure:
1. Participants are required to register for the Mediation Plan Drafting Competition by
paying the registration fee. (Link Mentioned Below)
2. Once the registration fee is paid, participants have to take a screenshot of the same and
fill the registration form.
3. After they fill the registration form, participants will receive an email acknowledging the
same from our end which will also have the submission link for the Mediation Plan
Drafting Competition. The registration shall be complete after this step.
4. Participants will have to submit their Mediation Plan drafts using the submission form
before the deadline.
5. The participants are required to submit their documents by 11:59 PM, 15th November,
2021, after which the submission form will not accept entries.
The participants are required to register for Kanooniyat’s Mediation Plan Drafting Competition
by paying the registration fee of Rs. 300 (single author) or Rs. 450 (co-authors), through the
payment link provided, before the registration deadline, i.e., 7th November, 2021.
1. Payment Link: https://rzp.io/l/medplan
2. Registration Link: https://forms.gle/dhioBgSAJ2MnGFtM8
Last date to register 7 November 2021
Webinar on basics of Mediation 8 November 2021
Webinar on Mediation in India 10 November 2021
Last date to submit 15 November 2021
Declaration of Results 22 November 2021
Distribution of Awards and Certificates 26 November 2021
In case of any queries related to this Mediation Plan Drafting Competition, feel free to contact us
Phone no.: 9645099772 (WhatsApp texts only)
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org