Founded in 1867, LU is one of the oldest institutions of Indian higher education. It is affiliated to University Grants Commission; Association of Commonwealth Universities
(ACU); Association of Indian Universities (AIU); Distance Education Council (DEC);National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC); National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) and Bar Council of India (BCI).
NEW CAMPUS (FACULTY OF LAW):
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been pioneer legal institution of India.
The Law Faculty was separated from main Campus and shifted to the new Campus on the Sitapur Road, Lucknow from 2002-03.
Its alumni include Dr. Avtar Singh, the well-known authority on Contract Law; Dr. A.T.Markos, former Director of Indian Law Institute; Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma, Former President of India; Shri Ram Krishna Hegde, Former Chief Minister of Karnataka.
Faculty includes 500* students enrolled in integrated law course, 1000* in three year law and 30* in LL.M. The New Campus also have ITS, Public Health and Democracy, Engineering and IMS departments which consists of more than 1400* students. The campus is
a self contained unit to provide all infrastructural facilities to teachers as well as students.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
The Lucknow University Moot Court Association is organizing a National Level Speech Competition as we always strive to find ways to encourage learning, researching and developing an all round skill even during the Covid-19 Pandemic. We believe in never settling and being in a constant phase of growth even though the means of learning have changed and the sense of competitiveness is getting lost.
Uncertainty in itself is a paradoxical term but plays an essential role in the human life, be it life, future, or opportunities, life has its own uncertain ways to show its uncertainties.
We as humans mentally accept this and wholeheartedly get involved in our livelihood.
From being hunter gatherer’s to living in a society and earning for our living, we have shown an exponential change in our ways of living. Food, shelter and
clothing have always been the essentials for our existence, but now working and earning has become our only source to provide for these essentials. In recent wake of events millions have lost their jobs due to Covid-19. Be it a daily wage
worker, a private or a contract based government employee; people from all
working community are facing the adverse situation of unemployment. The pandemic has impacted economies around the world like no other event that experts can recollect since the Great Depression. India being a developing economy is
going through a demand depression and high unemployment, the lockdown furthermore jeopardized the economic well being of millions. Seeing no other way of income the country has ever since seen an unprecedented formulation and amendments in legal policies in order to counter this unemployment crisis. The youth of our nation, the flames of the future India have been exposed to a massive decline in number of job opportunities. Thus, through this competition we invite sagacious minds across the nation, to come ahead and address the issues
of unemployment followed by their insightful suggestions to mitigate unemployment.
RULES AND REGULATION
The competition is open to all the undergraduate students of any UGC recognized university/institution.
• The competition will be a virtual one and will be conducted via Zoom app.
• Each Candidate will be allotted 3 minutes for their speech, exceeding the
time limit will lead to negative marking.
• No rebuttals will be allowed during the competition.
• The medium of communication will be English only.
• Decision made by the panel of Judges will be final and binding.
• The dress code for the activity is western or Indian formals.
• No candidate will be allowed to read out the content during the competition.
• Any candidate if found resorting to any unfair means will be disqualified.
• Three awards and prizes will be announced – one for winner, one for runner
up and one for second Runner Up.
• Participation certificate will be awarded to all the participants.
• The participation fee for the competition will be Rs 30. Fee is non-
• There shall be a limit of only 30 participants on the basis of first come
first serve basis.
• The participants are required to fill the Google form.
• The participants are required to keep the video on during the competition.
• The committee shall not be responsible for any technical failure on the end of the participant, so all the participants are requested to arrange a stable internet connection.
• If Somehow because of bad connectivity from your end, You miss your chance of delivering Speech, The discretion of giving another chance will be on the Judge or the Organizing Committee.
• At any point of conflict, the decision of Faculty of Law, University of Luck-
now, shall be final and participants have to follow the same.
• Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow reserves the right to alter or change
the rules or procedures of the competition.
• Details and information concerning the speech competition will be shared
through Email and WhatsApp by the organizing committee.
• Total -30
• Content -10
• Clarity of thought -10
• Participation: Rs. 30.
• The payment can be made through BHIM UPI/GOOGLE PAY/
• The registration fee is to be paid to the following mobile
Number: 8181838340 (NISHANT VEER SINGH)
• Before making the payment first open the Google form and check whether the form is open or closed. If the Form is
closed for Registration then it means the registration for event are closed.
The Registration will be through filling a Google form by
clicking on the given link
Or By Scanning the QR code given below.
• Winner: Rs 1500
• Runner Up: Rs 800
• Second Runner Up: Rs 400
• Avanika Singh: 9369941612
• Amrit Singh: 8948054412
• E-mail ID: email@example.com